Saturday, October 3, 2009

Reaction to Shirky:Part 1

My initial thoughts on this were,simply put:WOW!

Something that happens every day in this country,someone losing a phone or some piece of property,is a very common thing.Someone creating a website,garnering national attention...not quite ordinary.Everyone at some time has indeed lost something that was of some sort of importance. Myself, I have gotten a purse stolen which contained a $100 gift certificate to Macy's so imagine my anger.I too have been a victim of a lost or stolen phone, the line being too blurry for me to decide which category it can fall under(I'll explain another time).

The point is,this is something that can undoubtedly strike a nerve within everyone.A nerve that,as Shirkey put,some of us might not be able to afford. What exactly do I mean?Not all of us are rich individuals and it can put a rather annoying dent in your account to have to pay for something stolen that was rightfully yours. This was a rather interesting read and I think I will go back and take a much deeper glance at it and be back with more thoughts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment